June 8 to 11, 2011
✿ Manila to Dumaguete via Cebupac, P200/head terminal fee
▪ We were having second thoughts if tutuloy pa kami, umuulan sa Manila, Bob had to go back pa kasi naiwan ID nya, plus heavy traffic along South Expressway. This is one of the rare moments na wish mo madelay flight, we arrived at the airport 10min before onboarding, naconfiscate pa payong ko kasi wala kong checkin baggage huhuhu! Delayed nga flight namin for about an hour lang naman… iniwan namin yung mga Caticlan flights still waiting. Good weather naman pagdating namin sa Dumaguete.
✿ Tric ride @P40 from airport to hotel.
✿ Stayed @Hotel Palwa, P960/night double bed with aircon, tv, hot and cold shower and breakfast. We were booked at Hotel Camila pero we didn’t like the place, so hanap kami ng iba and ended up at Hotel Palwa. Ok naman, clean and spacious, friendly staff, with free breakfast pa which you can have anytime of the day.
✿ Early breakfast then off to Manjuyod
▪ Tric to bus terminal @P8/head
▪ Ceres bus to Manjuyod @P56/head
▪ Tric to and from wharf @P40 per way
▪ Rented boat to Manjuyod Sandbar @P1200; had shower sa bahay ni manong boatman. Plan ahead and make reservations thru bais tourism, para you could join their group for boat rental. They have boat good for 20-30persons, fully booked na kasi sila when we called.
▪ Ceres bus uli pabalik to Dumaguete @58/head
✿ Lunch @Jo’s Chicken Inato, Dumaguete @P90/meal. Parang Mang Inasal din pero galit sila sa rice as in sobrang laki ng serving, extra rice ka pa haha
✿ Free time pagbalik sa hotel, stroll muna sa Rizal Boulevard
✿ Ate silvanas @P12/pc sa Sunsrival Cakes and Pastry Shop, then dinner and overnight uli @Hotel Palwa
✿ Breakfast then travel from Dumaguete to Siquijor
▪ Tric from hotel to pier @8/head
▪ Delta Fastcraft @P160 + P15 terminal fee per person, waited at their floating terminal. We left Dumaguete around 9am, then arrived Siquijor an hour later
✿ Tric to Salagdoong beach, tour included @P600, tinawid namin other side Siquijor, almost 2hour tric ride from pier to Salagdoong. Visited the following tourist spots along the way:
▪ St. Francis of Assisi church and bell tower
▪ 100 year old balete tree
▪ Lazi church and convent
▪ Cambugahay Falls, entrance fee @P20/head
✿ Checked in @Agripino hotel, Salagdoong beach resort, P800/night. Sabi nila this hotel is owned and maintained by the government. Ok naman, rooms are very basic, aircon, shower and big bed lang
▪ Ordered food and drinks @beachfront resto, meron din silang cottages for rent @P1500, good for 3 persons na
▪ Picture galore, we enjoyed swimming/snorkelling dito, calm and clear waters, meron pa banded sea krait, scary buti na lang shy sya
✿ Overnight at Agripino Hotel, full moon with matching blackout – in Siquijor haha, though di ko alam kasi as usual tulog na ko.. Bob daw was scared while walking sa hallway as in lighter lang ilaw nya, freaked out na baka meron mumu pag-on nya ng lighter wehehe
✿ Early breakfast, then tric uli to pier to catch the 6am ferry back to Dumaguete. We pre-arranged sundo ng same tricycle, and we gave him P500 para sa hatid nya from Salagdoong to pier, around 1.5hour tric ride uli
✿ Oceanjet Ferry to Dumaguete @P200 + P15 terminal fee per person. Fare was a little higher than Delta Fastcraft but bigger and more comfortable kasi they have open deck, hindi masyado nakakahilo. Oceanjet was also faster, less than 45min lang compared to 1hour ng Delta Fastcraft.
✿ Bought pasalubong @Dumaguete port, piyaya, banana chips, etc
✿ Tric from pier to airport @P40, we rode the same tric when we arrived at Dumaguete airport
✿ Dumaguete to Manila via Cebupac uli, terminal fee @30/head
Hotel Palwa: 0922.526.0388
Bais Tourism: 035.402.6629
Hotel Agripino: 035.344.2088; 0917.964.4873
Salagdoong Cottages: 0918.771.4714
Siquijor tric tour c/o Rolly: 0939.362.7520
Delta Fastcraft: 035.420.0888