El Nido, Palawan
Jan 29 to Feb 3, 2015
✿ Manila to Puerto Princesa via Air Asia, 630 pm. It was announced that our flight was on hold waiting magclear ang weather in Palawan. Konting delay lang din and we landed in Puerto Princesa at around 8pm, nice weather naman, then we went straight to the bus terminal going to El Nido.
✿ Puerto Princesa airport to El Nido
▪ Tric from airport to terminal @P120
▪ Cherry bus @P450 per person, less 20% discount for students. We called them ahead to reserve front bus seats :)). The bus left at exactly 9pm, which by the way is the last trip of Cherry bus, unlike last trip ng Roro bus at 9pm.
✿ Arrived in El Nido around 2:30 am. It was too early so we thought to just wait muna than going to the inn right away para manggising hehe. Larry from the inn arrived para sunduin kami, a bit surprised kasi di naman kami nagpasundo. Tric to the town @P50 per tric.
✿ Checked-in at the Alternative Inn, which we just found out na sarado pala though they are still accommodating guests. We initially stayed at the 2nd floor room since the family room was still occupied. We later transferred after the tour, and gave it to us at P1k per night for all 5 of us.
✿ Tour A
▪ 9am-4pm, orig price P1,200 per person, got it for P1,000, buffet lunch and snorkeling gears included. We were a group of 12, plus 1 tour guide, and 2 bangkeros. Medyo nagkaroon daw ng problem sa motor ng bangka so we had to stop over in one of the islands. We just did the tour in reverse which was better para mas konti ang crowd sa mga destinations
▪ Seven Commandos – chillax lang, konting swim
▪ Shimizu – snorkeling, plus we had our lunch dito – shrimps, grilled pork, chicken, fish, talong and fruits
▪ Hidden lagoon – meron small opening to get into the lagoon. Medyo dami tourists sa loob so we didn’t stay that long
▪ Big lagoon – picture galore, super clear and shallow waters
▪ Small lagoon – we rented a kayak since medyo malayo if langoy lang. Mas na-appreciate ko ang small lagoon this time than the first time we were here, mas konti tao since this most of the time is the first destination for tour A.
✿ Went back to the resort at around 5 pm. Pagod na lahat and in pajamas kaya stay na lang sa room after dinner.
✿ Breakfast, then we prepared na for our next island hopping tour
✿ Tour C
▪ 9am-4pm, orig price @P1,400 per person, got it for P1,200. Larry, our tour coordinator, arranged for a private tour for us. Since we have control of the destinations, we opted to do the tour again in reverse.
▪ Secret beach – this should remain secret haha. Amazing as usual, will never get tired to go back here
▪ Matinloc Shrine – right beside the shrine, meron small beach where we had our lunch. While the bangkeros were cooking, we had our time at the shrine. Picture galore, and syempre, climbed again to the top para sa magandang overlooking view of the breathtaking island.
▪ Hidden beach – lakas talaga ng current dito, yung feeling mo ang layo na ng nalalangoy mo pero di ka pa din pala nakakaalis sa pwesto mo hahaha. We went straight muna sa small cave since we missed it last time, then spent some time swimming and syempre picture taking. Survivor France or Poland yata was shooting here and left some stuff, buti na lang they left na kasi the beach daw was closed for tourists while they were shooting. We decided to skip going to Helicopter island and just spent more time here.
✿ We were back to the inn around 5 pm uli, ligo, then konting stroll sa town. Dinner then just stayed uli sa room busy with our own gadgets.
✿ After breakfast, we rented 2 Skydrive motorbikes @P600 each so we may go to Nacpan beach. Bob, Khaeja and Bebe sa isang bike, while me and Nani sa isa. First time ko magdrive ng malayo and rough road pa, smooth ride naman at walang semplang hahaha. Bob’s bike pala had a flat tire, we called Esrael from the bike rental, and he was very kind enough na pinuntahan kami sa Nacpan to change the tire. We left Nacpan at around 2:30 pm
✿ Next stop: Las Cabanas. Zigzag, up and downhill ang daan, lumagpas pa kami and had to go back. The kids look tired and dahil mainit ang araw with not much shade sa place, we didn’t stay long.
✿ Dropped by at the public market to buy fruits, bananas and watermelon (yellow variety). We also bought half kilo of shrimps and had it cooked at the inn – yum.
✿ El Nido to Puerto Princesa
▪ Nagpareserve na pala kami sa Cherry bus for the 9am trip when we arrived in El Nido and the driver or conductor even called us to remind us and to confirm our seats, syempre front seats uli. Fare was again P450 per person less 20% for students. Uso pala dito ang free ride, several passengers wala pambayad ng pamasahe, ang bait naman ng bus that they allow free ride. Nice.
✿ Tric from terminal to Robinsons: P20 per person. Bought lunch then checked in at Go Hotels. First time to stay in a GH room, nice, affordable, sulit. Bob and I went to PP town to buy pasalubong and dinner.
✿ Checked out of GH at around 9:30 am. Tric to airport @P80 per tric.
✿ Checked in at the airport for our 11:50 am flight back to Manila via Air Asia uli. Terminal fee @P150 per person. Our flight was a bit delayed, mga 30min lang naman due to late arrival of our plane.
Second visit to El Nido, this time with the kids. Sad dahil di pwede sumama si Pugz as he will miss 5 school days. Ajul and Nanay should also have joined pero di na din nakasama. A few days before the trip, di pa din talaga kami decided if tutuloy nga, glad we did and will never get tired to come back again and again.
There are two stops during the six-hour bus trip, Roxas and Taytay. No ATMs in El Nido. Electricity they say is now available 24 hours, though brownouts are still expected.
Cherry Bus: 0999.473.2512, 0920.286.5256
Bike Rental: Esrael – 0912.895.4405
Waremar Boat for Private Tours: Dodong – 0912.363.5304