October 16 to 20, 2017
✿ Manila to Kalibo via Airasia. 9:45am. Landed at Kalibo an hour later
✿ We tried the Island Star Express bus at P200 per person, ride was just ok
✿ Arrived at Caticlan port after about an hour and 45 minutes. Fees per person: Environmental fee at P100, Terminal fee at P25, Boat fare at P25. Then tricycle fare going to Station 3 at P15 per person.
✿ Same as last year, we stayed at Anahaw Suites for our first 2 nights. We got the room at a cheaper cost by using Traveloka discounts, it was down to from P2,200 to P1192 only per night. We were a bit disappointed though as we booked the 1BR room again but it was already occupied when we got there. We were given the corner room, slightly smaller but still with complete room essentials including a kitchen where we can cook. After checking in, we went to the Bukid Talipapa and bought food. We got crabs, shrimps, squid, liempo. Medyo madami kami binili since the kiddos (Nani, Ogi, and Myrtle) will have their meals with us din.
✿ Went afterwards to Station 2 to look for accommodation for my bffs (Tess, Des, Myra), and the kiddos. Booked Simprosa and Tans.
✿ Breakfast at our room with the kids. Met with the bffs at station 1 to swim and photo ops 😍
✿ Lunch again at our room with the kiddos before going to Lingganay to check in. Met with the gang (Bob and Ogi did not go and just went swimming) again in the afternoon, and went to Mt. Luho view deck. Surprised that the entrance fee is now at P120 per person from P50 just a year ago. we skipped it as we feel it was a rip off just for a view deck. We went straight to Puka beach instead and stayed there till sunset. Bought pasalubong – key chain, ref magnets, bags, before going back to our rooms.
✿ Dinner again with the kiddos, before they went back to Lingganay to stay overnight.
✿ Breakfast, then met with the bffs again at station 1, before their flight back to Manila.
✿ Checked out of Anahaw Suites and waited for our shuttle going to Lingganay resort.
✿ Lingganay Resort
▪ The kiddos have already checked out when we arrived. And, they stayed again with us inside our room while waiting for their flight back to Manila in the evening.
▪ We booked the Diamond Designer Studio for 2 nights, same room booked for the kiddos. Got huge savings again by using Traveloka discounts, room rate was originally P4500 and we got it for only P2031 per night
▪ The room is so spacious, with king size bed, large sofa, large tv, study table, bar table and stool, complete kitchen, big bath room with shower and tub, and a veranda with awesome view
▪ The property itself is huge, castle theme, with infinity pool, another pool by the resto, and a beach cove. You can never go wrong when taking snapshots
✿ Brunch. We used the kitchen to heat our left over food – shrimps, crab and squid.
✿ Enjoyed the place. Took lots of pictures and had a long dip sa infinity pool
✿ By dinnertime, we took the shuttle going to Dmall and we had dinner buffet at Henann Regency Station 2. Then, shuttle again back to Lingganay.
▪ The only downside with Lingganay was the difficulty of contacting the resort after office hours. We couldn’t get a hold of anyone to answer the phone, so it was almost impossible to request to be picked up if you decided to go out. Siguro next time, set a schedule with them as to what time sila susundo. The kiddos took a tric instead for about P100, while Bob and I luckily, spotted the shuttle while bringing other guests to Dmall
✿ Breakfast at the veranda. Gloomy weather. Thankful that the sun was up for most of our stay. Time to leave again.
✿ Since Jetty port was closed, we had no option to take the bus, so we rode the van going to Kalibo Airport for P150/person.
✿ Bought suman and more pasalubong from the stores outside the airport – pastillas, pulvoron, yema, etc.
✿ Airport Terminal fee at P200 per person. Our trip back to Manila was through Airasia uli. ETD at 6:45pm, but we left earlier, we were boarded na by 6:15pm pa lang.
Another Boracay win. Glad we discovered another resort outside White beach, and looking forward for more. As of January 2018, meron na kami tickets to Boracay for October 😂. Hopefully, the island reopens on time, as we will never get tired to go back here and spend laidback days by the beach 😍