Albay – Legazpi, Daraga
March 4 to 7, 2018
✿ From Naga, we boarded bus bound to Legazpi at around 9am, and reached Legazpi about 2 hours later. Fare was P?? per person
✿ We stayed at the F2M Tower, Executive Room, booked 2 nights at P1500 per night, less 400+ discount from Traveloka. The room has a queen bed, tv, a/c, shower, and a view of the Mayon Volcano from our window. The rooms are chic and cozy, with a very accommodating owner, she gave us tips and booked our tour the next day. The building is also walking distance to several malls.
✿ We had bulalo for lunch and DJC halo-halo at the Gaisano mall, bought supplies, then went to Embarcadero and Legazpi boulevard in the afternoon. There were lots of joggers and walkers sa boulevard… with unobstructed view of the volcano, fresh air, plenty of food choices around, it was so nice to just sit there and watch the sunset.
✿ High tech din security of the building, if galing ka sa labas, you need the proximity card or have someone from the inside open the main door going to the rooms. Bob went out and when I stepped out of our room to open the main door to let him in, I forgot the card, so we got locked out 🤣🤣🤣 We had to ask the guests sa katabi naming room to contact the owner and have the spare key sent.
✿ At night nga pala, you can still see red lava flowing from the tip of the volcano
✿ Breakfast, then started our tric tour to the following:
▪ Daraga Church: Old church with nice view of the volcano
▪ Sumlang Lake: P20 entrance fee, P100 balsa rent, with the picturesque Mayon volcano as backdrop
▪ Lunch at Dad’s. Famous for their pinangat: like laing made from fresh gabi leaves. Bought some for take home at P90 per balot
▪ Bicolandia Outdoor ATV: We wanted sana the Black Lava trail but dahil active si Mayon during our visit, it was not being offered for safety reasons. We instead took the Cagsawa trail, P699 per person, about 45min. Thumbs up to our guide, sipag magkuha ng video and pictures. First time ko to ride an ATV – cool, fun, feeling extreme haha! Sarap ulitin 👍
▪ Cagsawa Ruins: Beautiful view of Mayon volcano. With cottages, food stalls and souvenir shops. This is where Bob tried the sili ice cream and sili mango shake while I got the buko shake but without sili 😜
✿ Dahil nag-enjoy kami sa boulevard, bumalik kami uli late afternoon after resting a bit, just to relax and watch the sunset
✿ Checked out from F2M Tower, then taxi to The Oriental, fare was about P120
✿ The Oriental Hotel
▪ We booked online and got the discounted rate of about P3k+ lang per night for the Mayon Queen room. We requested for room on the higher floor sana but not available pa daw since they just had fogging 3/F and up
▪ When we checked in to the room, it was a room near the pool but with two single beds instead of queen so we requested to be transferred. Macoy, who assisted us, was very apologetic and must have gone out of his way to have the room on the upper floor made available for us. And yes, we were given one of the rooms on the 5/F, right next to the Governor’s Suite, with the best view of Mayon volcano. So happy 🙃🙃🙃
▪ We had a dip in the pool in the afternoon and just enjoyed the place. If you would like to see the beauty of Mayon along with excellent accommodation, this is THE place
▪ We were a bit sad that lunch/dinner buffets are not available every day, Wed, Fri and weekends lang yata
✿ Buffet breakfast at their restaurant, Saigon Market. We super like the purple puto with macapuno filling, and other Filipino desserts
✿ Bob took a dip again sa pool, while I just stayed sa room.
✿ They allowed us to check out late at around 1pm since medyo late pa ang flight namin back to Manila. We stayed din at the outdoor restaurant and enjoyed the ibang level na ensaymada. Whoa kami when it was served to us 😍
✿ We were then shuttled for free to the airport.
✿ Cebu Pacific Air was our carrier back to Manila, 5:05pm, airport terminal fee at P?? each.
Note to self: Reserve the seat on the left side of the plane for a better view of Mayon while taking off